Sunday, September 4, 2011

Korean Food in Mexico ...3?

마뽀갈비  Restaurant

1st of all let me apologize for the lousy pictures, I didn't bring my camera with me and I only had my ipod...SOWY!!!!!!!!!!

마뽀갈비 or Ma-Po-Gal-Bi is the name of this restaurant located in Varsovia and Londres (close to Av. Chapultepec) in Mexico City.


This is my 2nd visit to this place and is mostly because it's good... the 1st time I went with my mom and we had
Yukgaejang (Hot Spicy Stew Soup) Yukgaejangand Bibimbap 비빔밥

The stew was really spicy and you know that Spicy = Good for me :) it had lots of Nappa Cabbage and meat, the stew was boiling, at first my mom asked for this but I ended eating it :P

YU-M-M-E-R-S!!!!!!!!!!

The Bibimbap is a warm white rice topped with namul (sautéed and seasoned vegetables) and gochujang (chili pepper paste) plus a raw egg but everytime I ask for this my egg is fried.... according to out Guide in Korea it's because most foreignes won't eat a raw egg.... if you want to you can request the egg yolk raw.
If you have never tried Korean Food I would  recomend this to start. 
See? Fried egg!
In addition to this they also brought Banchan 반찬 or Side dishes and a Tofu/Soy Bean paste Stew that apparently came with the 비빔밥 and a bowl of rice
Soy bean paste, Tofu, Zucchini, Onion, Garlic and Ta-Da!

Banchan from the 1st time - The "hot-cake" look-alike is a Kimchi pancake

Of course... Water! 물






Of course of this 2nd visit I didn't want to try the same thing, so we ordered Kimchi Jigae 김치 찌개 (Kimchi Soup) and Bulgogi 불고기 (Marinated Beef), although I really liked the food (And the company), The bulgogi had a weird taste at the end because they put it over a hot pan with foil and I hate food with foil taste :S ew!... the Kimchi Jigae was pretty hot but overall was pretty good.

This time we got the Banchan and lettuce + 2 portions of white steamed rice :)
Banchan...See the green/brown thing between the Kimchi and the Cucumber?... nor me or the waiter kne what it was...apparently it was fried sea-weed with sugar... O_O I...didn't like it u_u   



밥 - Rice

Kimchi Jigae

불고기
















Lettuce       

2 comments:

  1. I will make more food if u stay at my house later. Also, the restaurant name must be 마포갈비. 마포 is a town name in seoul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Korean Home made food!! :)
    I was thinking about making that soup you made last time, the one with the Bean paste. I got bean paste at a Korean store but I'm not sure if I only need that, vegetables and Tofu O_O
    And you are right, the name is 마포 (I got carried away with the 뽀 lol.

    ReplyDelete