Sunday, July 15, 2012

2nd Korean App Review - Kakao Talk


Hi everyone!, it's time for another Application review (and the last one I believe....), after this I have 2 pending posts, one is about Super Junior and their latest CD (for all of you Kpop fans) and the other one is about "Aegyo" or "being cute" in Korea.
Anyway.... I downloaded KakaoTalk a few months ago, and at first I had no idea how to use it, I thought it was like What'sapp or BB Pin but its actually kinda different because this one you can even use it on an iPad or iPod Touch....good thing if you don't have a smartphone on your hands but still want to be connected!

KakaoTalk is an application for mobile devices that allows its users to send and receive messages including photos, videos, voice messages, URL links, and contact information, both on a one-to-one basis and in groups, all for free (Unlike What'sapp for iphone that is $0.99C), once you download the application you need to sign up for it, you will need a phone number (to receive the confirmation number)  and your email (email address will be used as your ID) You can bring your previous data in case of device or mobile number change.


The good thing about having an ID is that you don't have to give out your number, you can just give your KakaoTalk ID to others and you can block them any time (if needed)

There are a few additions on this app that you might want to try (specially if you like Kpop) like "Plus Friend" this means that you can get the latest news, view videos or pictures from your favorite band or Brand.
(Recently Girl's Generation hit 1 million followerd on KakaoTalk and became the entretainerwith the most number of "friends" on the Application)

Group Chatting with As Many Friends You Want, this is very nice an simple to do, I tried once a group chat on What'sapp and ended up with a weird group that would send me notifications all the time even if I didn't have any new messages :| (luckily this dissapeard when I changed from Blackberry to iPhone)





Another addition to Kakao is your Friend’s Mini Profile, by clicking a friend's mini profile, you can view his photo and status message, put him on your favorites list, chat 1:1, or call him and thanks to my friend Jeffrey I found out about "Kakao Story", basically this is another application, is like a Facebook/Twitter/Pudding.to but in 1 and by using your Kakao Talk ID and miniprofile :| I know it sounds confucing but I still don't understand "Kakao Story" 100%





KakaoStory Profile


















There you go, that was my 2nd review and probably my last one since I'm not very good with reviews and I honestly don't have that many applications :P

-Gisela V.
Images taken from www.kakao.com

No comments:

Post a Comment