Thursday, July 5, 2012

Korean Smartphone App Review

Hi everyone,

This is one of those rare times when I talk about Technology,  I don't do this very often because well... I'm not so good with technology :( , I do love my computer and my iPhone but it takes me some time to get used to a new gadget... I got it easy (sort of) with my iPhone because I had an iPod Touch for a little while prior to receiving my iPhone and it was thanks to that iPod that I became an APP-addict, there's an App to download Apps? I want IT!!!! haha anyway, let's get to the point of this, today I want to talk about 1 of my favorite apps EVER.

The application is Pudding.to, if you like Instagram, you'll probably like this one, is WAY less hypster than Instagram and most users are Korean, the application is in English and is very user Friendly. Pudding.to was launched in February 2012 and it got very popular in Asia almost instantly, an Average of 47 Thousand Uploads per Day from over 270 Different Cities in the Past 60 Days since its Release.
South America has only 1.6% of the total of users (Yup, we are just a few... :( )

Here's a quick "guide" on how to use this AMAZING app :) (Sorry for the pics, I had to take the screenshots on my own)

Step 1. Open Pudding.to (okokok Step 0.1 is to download the App - Available for iPod/iPhone and Android)
        You'll be shown your Feed with the pictures of your "friends", this is people you know or you can see the Popular feed and start following random people, you can also add people from your twitter and Facebook account.

Step 2. Click on the Camera to either Take a photo or upload one from your Library

Step 3. Select from 1 to 3 (or 4?? lol) pictures and click on Next

Step 4. Edit your picture, you can rotate the picture, put a frame into it and use the different filters to modify the way your picture looks (My personal fave is "I'm 17" because it dosn't change the picture that much :) then click on Next

Step 5. This is my favorite part, you get to choose the mood of your picture, and then "Add a Story" aka Name your photo, you can use Hashtags, if you use a hashtag and then click on that HT you'll be taken to a feed with pictures with the same HT!
        On this step you can also choose if you want to Add this picture to Twitter and Facebook and add "What you are listening to"... another Awesome feature because if you click the song it will take you to a feed with pictures with the same song!

Then you can see YOUR newly updated picture on your Feed :) and if you click on the right corner you'll see your profile

I love the Hashtag and the music features because that way you can find more people with the same interests as you and Follow more people^^

I have another app I would like to talk about but I don't want this to be a LONG post, so I'll do the other app Next time :D

If you have a smartphone and love taking pictures and sharing them, this is the perfect app to do so ;) , unlike Instagram you'll se a great variety of pictures, because let's be honest... 80% of the pictures I see in Instagram are of people food O_O don't get me wrong I LOVE food and love food pictures but there's people who take pictures of a Bag of Doritos they are eating...just add a few filters a "deep" phrase and BAM! an instan success on Instagram.

Hope you get to try this App, let me know if you liked it and what you think of it

-Gisela V.

No comments:

Post a Comment