Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's peanut butter jelly time

Ok, not it's not peanut butter jelly time,,,, but it's Strawberrt Cream Cheese Cookies!!! 
Who dosn't like cookies?? I dare you to find someone who dosn't like cookies....see?? Everyone loves (or at least like) cookies. 

This recipe is from a Bakend I had a lil while ago.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookie (modified from ony of my Fav bloggers Use Real Butter)
  
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz Strawberry jam (no seeds) NOTE!! The recipe calls for No seeds Jam, I used Regular-you-can-get-it-in-the-super-market-Jam and it works well, so don't worry if you can't find seedless Jam. 

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Mix in flour 1/2 cup at a time, blending well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350F. Divide dough in half, leaving one half in the refrigerator. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to about 3/8 inch thickness. Cut out dough with cookie cutter (I used 2-inch round). Gather and reroll the scraps. Repeat with second half of dough. Place rounds on ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Use thumb or other utensil to press a 1-inch wide indentation in the center of each circle. Fill divots with a teaspoon or more of jam, taking care not to overfill. Bake 13-15 minutes or until pale golden brown on the bottom. Cool on racks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week or freeze for longer storage.

I did this the 1st time, only I didn't refrigerate overnite, I only did it for a couple of hours an it was....messy O_O ...I was running between my work-table and the fridge (to evoid the dough from melting).... so I came up with an alternative.... I used a Baking Tip, I didn't put the dough in the fridge and just made the cookies with it... I don't have much experience using the Tips so the 1st time I just did like simple round-shape cookies.... after a while I got to made "star-shaped" cookies ..... And I can say that this alternative is better if you are not into rolling dough.... 

The cookies were AWESOME!! sweet and buttery. 
Rolled cookies

Baked rolled cookies

Bakend goodies :) 









Hope you enjoy making this cookies as as much as eatin'em :) 

-Gisela V.

No comments:

Post a Comment