Tuesday, March 27, 2012

김치전 (Buzz Korea)

Kimchi Jeon

I made Kimchi pancakes or 김치전 this morning, made just enough batter for 3 small pancakes because I wanted to try... Although I feel is more something I could enjoy on a hot day with a Beer or some Makgeolli :)

I will not add quantities because it's really up to you and how much do you want to make :/

You'll need:

Choped Kimchi (and the juice)
Flour
Choped Onions (I used green onions)
Salt
Sugar
Vegetable oil

Heat up the oil in a frypan

In a bowl add the Kimchi, onions, a pinch of salt (If your kimchi is salty dot add any more salt!!!), a pinch of sugar, 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of water and mix them well.

Put the mixture on your frying pan the size you want it, you can make a big one ad then cut it in squares, for presentation I made them small.

Wait about 2minutes (or until golden) and turn them over.

Wait a bit to eat it, you don't want to burn your mouth with it!!

And there you go the 김치전 is ready!

-Gisela V.

No comments:

Post a Comment